The basic Craps strategy card is simple. Craps is one of the best games that is almost even with the house. As well as one of the few games that the player can bet with the house. The picture below shows each bet, payoff, and the house edge. Basic Strategy means the player wants to stay away from the low odds bets. Including the ONE ROLL BETS, and the HARD-WAY BETS. The player should stick with the PASS LINE, DON’T PASS LINE BETS, and the occasionally the FIELD BET, and the BIG 6/8.
All the outcomes of each number being rolled are above. All of the bets that the Basic Strategy player needs to focus on, are the high probability dice outcomes. This is why the FIELD BETS, PASS LINE, and DON’T PASS LINE are popular with low bankrolls.
Basic Craps strategy card
Top Bets to focus on
- FREE ODDS – Can only make this bet when betting the pass bet / don’t pass. This type of bet lowers the house edge tremendously. The rule is to bet the minimum line bet along with the highest free odds bet you can afford.
2. PASS LINE BET- which starts with the COME OUT ROLL. If the shooter rolls a 7 or 11 you win if the shooter rolls 2,3, or 12 you lose. Otherwise the number rolled is now the POINT NUMBER. The shooter then has to roll the point number before he rolls a seven. The payout is 1-1 and the house edge is 1.41%.
3. COME BET – This bet is basically the same as the pass line but the POINT NUMBER has already been established, but the next roll is what becomes the number that has to be rolled before the 7
4. DON’T PASS – The opposite of the pass line bet and you are betting against the shooter. If the shooter rolls a 7 or 11 you lose. If the shooter rolls a 2,3 you win and a 12 you push. Otherwise a point gets established and you are betting that a 7 will come before the POINT NUMBER. The payout is 1-1 and the house edge is 1.40%
5. DON’T COME- This bet is basically the same as the don’t pass line but the POINT NUMBER has already been established, but the next roll is what becomes the number that can not be rolled before the 7
6. 4/10 – Buying the 4 or the 10 which is a place bet. This means you are betting that the 4 or 10 will roll before the seven. pays 9-5 and the house edge is 6.70%.
7. PLACE BET – Placing a bet on the 6 or 8. The 6 and the 8 are the 2nd most commonly rolled numbers. This pays 7 to 6 with a HOUSE EDGE of 1.52%
Basic Craps strategy card
ONE ROLL BETS – The Player gets one chance to roll and has to roll the combination that they placed the bet on
HARD-WAY BETS – The player is betting on the next roll being a pair of the same number. 22,33,44,55
PASS LINE BET – Instant win if rolled a 7 or 11, instant lose if rolled 2,3,12 other wise point moves to number rolled and the bet goes to the come bar.
DON’T PASS LINE BET -Instant win if rolled 2,3. instant lose if rolled 7 or 11. otherwise point gets moves to number rolled and bet goes to don’t come bar
FIELD BET – Betting that the numbers 2,3,4,9,10,11,12 will be rolled next.
BIG 6/8 BET – A one roll bet that the dice will be a total of 6 or 8
DON’T COME BET – This bet is basically the same as the don’t pass line but the POINT NUMBER has already been established, but the next roll is what becomes the number that can not be rolled before the 7
COME BET – This bet is basically the same as the pass line but the POINT NUMBER has already been established, but the next roll is what becomes the number that has to be rolled before the 7
POINT NUMBER – When a number has been rolled and players are betting on that number coming before the 7 or betting on the 7 coming first
COME OUT ROLL – When a point has not been established and will be on the come out roll
FREE ODDS BET – A bet that is made after the point is rolled. The player bets against his bet and will break even and lowers the house edge